Posted on February 04, 2016
Corian solid surface products have been around for a long time and served well in certain situations. Take a look at how it compares to granite.
- Toughness: Hands down, granite is harder—hard as glass in most cases.
- Heat Resistance: Unlike Corian, which will melt, granite is heat-proof.
- Repairs: If chipped, which is rare, granite is easily repairable, while Corian-type surfaces scratch easily and can be visible on dark colors.
- Staining: Granite is stain-proof with specialty stone sealer.
- Daily care: Granite requires simple soap and water, nothing more. Stay away from ammonia-based cleaners and you are good to go. (Many granite cleaners can provide the same streak-free shine as ammonia-based cleaners.)
- Annual maintenance: By choosing a lifetime durable sealer, customers never have to seal their countertops again.